Sometimes there just isn’t enough information online to help people with a move, that is why we have decided to come up with the ultimate blog post which will help everyone move successfully. Any type of move, whether it be office, home or domestic can be stressful as there are plenty of things to think about and the last thing anyone wants is to start juggling tasks.
So what exactly should you be doing to prepare for the big move? Take note:
- The first thing which you should do is go through your home and sort everything out, whether you want to keep or throw away. This is important as the last thing which you want to do is take things you haven’t used in years, which simply will just clutter up your home.
- Researching is the aim to success. Don’t just research about the area which you’re moving into but research about ways to help you move, for example hiring a removals company. Many people choose to hire removals company as they don’t just provide a professional service, but provide you with equipment and key advice! For more information on removals companies, visit: top-removals.co.uk/domestic-removals.
- It can be handy to take pictures of your electronics, not just to remember what they look like whilst they’re stored in boxes, but to know how they were wired up. This will make your job ten times easier when it comes to unpacking and setting everything up.
- Don’t forget to take measurements! Measurements are one of the most important things, however people often totally forget about them. Why are the important? Well you’re able to know if your furniture is going to fit through the doors and how it’s going to fit in the room.
- Don’t forget to inform your bank, doctors, dentist and insurance companies, this is because you don’t want any of your important letters to be sent to your old house. Note: you must change this in enough time for them to change all your details.
- When packing your boxes, we strongly advise you to also label your boxes to whether the items inside are fragile or not, and also can be helpful to label the box saying what room it belongs to. This is effective as when unloading the transit vehicle, you can place the boxes into the right room, meaning it is easier to unpack.
- Make sure that all the paper work is sorted out and that it is in a safe place.
By simply following this checklist you should be able to plan and prepare for your big move, without the stress.